DEV DIARY №3 – PRODUCTION
Hello there! This is the moonwalkers speaking. We are happy to inform you that we continue grinding away regolith and working on the game. Let us get to the point — what for do we need a lunar base? We need it to produce things there. But in order to produce something, we have to find some raw material, so this time we will talk about production and exploration.
Production: In the game, you will find numerous complex branched production chains responsible for various production modules. As any tricky technological thing, they will suddenly shut down and break down, sometimes for very unexpected reasons, so you cannot get bored. But do not worry. You can set up all the processes so that everything works correctly. Or not...
Today we will show you the concepts of electronics and construction materials plants, as well as a biogenerator.
Exploration: The Crust is a multi-level, or even multi-storey, game. All the twists and turns will occur both on the surface of the Moon and on the under-earth... we mean, under-the-Moon level. And you will interact with radar scanners at the orbital level. Radars scan the surface of the Moon and the underground searching for deposits rich in ore and other resources. Sometimes various factors and well-wishers can get in their way. In general, this part of the game will also give you a lot of unexpected and fun surprises.
The Unreal Engine allows us to make cool animations of all modules. The Under Development video is attached below.
- DEV DIARY №20 - Optimization, interface and new units.
- Steam Next Fest Results
- The Crust Closed Beta Starts Now!
- New Logo Reveal
- DEV DIARY №19 - STORY LINE, POI AND NEW CONTRACT SYSTEM
- NEW MODULE CONCEPT
- FIRST DEMO ON STEAM BASE BUILDER FEST
- DEV DIARY #18 - Mechanics on the Global Map, Updated Interface, and Logistics Innovations
- DEV DIARY №17 - Conveyors,new visuals and optimization - what's new with The Crust?
- Interview for UE4 Daily
- DEV DIARY №16 - MAKING HISTORY: A LITTLE BIT ABOUT OUR QUESTS
- WOULD YOU FLY TO THE MOON?
- 3D BATTERY MODEL CREATION IN TIME-LAPSE
- DEV DIARY №15 - ABOUT THE UTILITY SYSTEM ON THE LUNAR BASE
- ERASE AND REWIND, OR WHY BREACKING THINGS IN VIDEO GAMES IS AS DIFFICULT AS CREATING THEM
- DEV DIARY №14 - 50 SHADES OF REGOLITH, OR RESOURCE EXTRACTION AND PROCESSING IN THE CRUST
- DEV DIARY №13 - GALACTIC MARKET
- 2021: THE CRUST TRANSFORMS
- DEV DIARY №12 - ROOMS AND WALLS
- DEV DIARY №11 - REFACTORING AND NARRATIVE
- DEV DIARY #10 EXCAVATION VISUALIZATION, REFACTORING AND OVERMIND OPTIMIZATION
- DEV DIARY #9 OPTIMIZATION AND PROCEDURAL GENERATION
- PATCH NOTE 0.72.19
- DEV BLOG 8 - WORKING ON THE SETTING, PART TWO
- PreAlpha Gameplay Trailer
- DEV DIARY №7 - CARGO CAPSULES
- PATCH NOTE 0.63.14
- PATCH NOTE 0.6.09
- DEV DIARY №6 - THE COLONISTS, PART ONE
- DEV DIARY №5 - WORKING ON THE SETTING, PART ONE
- DEV DIARY №4 - PREMISE CONSTRUCTION SYSTEM
- DEV DIARY №3 – PRODUCTION
- DEV DIARY №2 – VECHICLES
- DEV DIARY №1 - MOON
- UNREAL ENGINE DEV CONTEST 2020