Cart is empty
DEV DIARY №15 - ABOUT THE UTILITY SYSTEM ON THE LUNAR BASE
11 Oct 2021
Must be amazing to live on the Moon and admire the Earth from a distance of 384400 km. But before a human sets foot there, it is necessary to provide all conditions for future Moon inhabitants. Water, oxygen and electricity are the basis of a...
ERASE AND REWIND, OR WHY BREACKING THINGS IN VIDEO GAMES IS AS DIFFICULT AS CREATING THEM
29 Sep 2021
Good afternoon, The Crust welcomes you! Video game development, as many of you already know, is a very extraordinary process, and it often brings surprises when you are not ready to meet them the most. From the player's point of view, what...
DEV DIARY №14 - 50 SHADES OF REGOLITH, OR RESOURCE EXTRACTION AND PROCESSING IN THE CRUST
17 Sep 2021
Resources, their extraction, and processing are an important part of The Crust gameplay as an economic strategy, and the VEOM Studio team has invested a lot of time and effort to make this process challenging and fun. It starts with the...
DEV DIARY №13 - GALACTIC MARKET
10 Sep 2021
Earth, do you read? A message from DevStation. You might be looking forward to leading your own company, creating a base on the Moon, developing regolith resources, and build a bright future for humanity. Surviving without...
2021: THE CRUST TRANSFORMS
29 Aug 2021
Hello, future astronauts! This is The Crust team! We’ve got an important message for you. In the first half of 2021, we made huge changes in The Crust, revising and improving many game mechanics. Some were created from scratch...
DEV DIARY №12 - ROOMS AND WALLS
22 Mar 2021
Wall construction system and room definition algorithm. One of the most complex algorithms of our project is finally ready. It went through many iterations to finally come to the expected result. The algorithm includes the...
DEV DIARY №11 - REFACTORING AND NARRATIVE
11 Feb 2021
Hi! Here are Veom Studio moonwalkers. A lot of time has passed since the last update of The Crust development diaries. This had a positive impact on the project. We not only celebrated the New Year holidays, but also worked hard on the game....
DEV DIARY #10 EXCAVATION VISUALIZATION, REFACTORING AND OVERMIND OPTIMIZATION
06 Jan 2021
Excavation Visuals The ground of the underground level takes more than 80% of the game screen, so it should look cool. Optimizing it is crucial as it occupies the entire screen. Thus, the requirements for visual excavation are:...
DEV DIARY #9 OPTIMIZATION AND PROCEDURAL GENERATION
19 Nov 2020
Hi! Here are Veom Studio moonwalkers. We are happy to share the latest development news with you. Despite the approaching winter cold, the heat and the fire of tireless creativity is burning in our office, as always. Here we forge and...
- DEV DIARY №15 - ABOUT THE UTILITY SYSTEM ON THE LUNAR BASE
- ERASE AND REWIND, OR WHY BREACKING THINGS IN VIDEO GAMES IS AS DIFFICULT AS CREATING THEM
- DEV DIARY №14 - 50 SHADES OF REGOLITH, OR RESOURCE EXTRACTION AND PROCESSING IN THE CRUST
- DEV DIARY №13 - GALACTIC MARKET
- 2021: THE CRUST TRANSFORMS
- DEV DIARY №12 - ROOMS AND WALLS
- DEV DIARY №11 - REFACTORING AND NARRATIVE
- DEV DIARY #10 EXCAVATION VISUALIZATION, REFACTORING AND OVERMIND OPTIMIZATION
- DEV DIARY #9 OPTIMIZATION AND PROCEDURAL GENERATION
- PATCH NOTE 0.72.19
- DEV BLOG 8 - WORKING ON THE SETTING, PART TWO
- PreAlpha Gameplay Trailer
- DEV DIARY №7 - CARGO CAPSULES
- PATCH NOTE 0.63.14
- PATCH NOTE 0.6.09
- DEV DIARY №6 - THE COLONISTS, PART ONE
- DEV DIARY №5 - WORKING ON THE SETTING, PART ONE
- DEV DIARY №4 - PREMISE CONSTRUCTION SYSTEM
- DEV DIARY №3 – PRODUCTION
- DEV DIARY №2 – VECHICLES
- DEV DIARY №1 - MOON
- UNREAL ENGINE DEV CONTEST 2020