Cart is empty
FIRST DEMO ON STEAM BASE BUILDER FEST
20 Jan 2023
We couldn't refuse an invitation from Steam to participate in the first base-building strategies festival and decided to release a small Demo that showcases the core mechanics of The Crust. Get The Crust Demo on Steam from...
DEV DIARY #18 - Mechanics on the Global Map, Updated Interface, and Logistics Innovations
29 Dec 2022
Good afternoon everyone, here with you again is The Crust project! The New Year is just around the corner, and we'd love to share with you what we've been working over, how the new interface looks like, which will be the primary role of the...
DEV DIARY №17 - Conveyors,new visuals and optimization - what's new with The Crust?
14 Sep 2022
Good day everyone! It's been a long time since we've posted anything about the game and it's time to fix that. Besides, we really have something to share - during this time a lot of hard work went into the game. So,...
Interview for UE4 Daily
27 Apr 2022
Hi! Hurry to share great news! On the portal UE4 Daily we published an interview with our CEO Oleg Simukov. We have tried to sincerely talk about how we imagine our game and how it should be a real cohesive team. Read about our concept of...
DEV DIARY №16 - MAKING HISTORY: A LITTLE BIT ABOUT OUR QUESTS
06 Dec 2021
The best benefit we derive from history is the enthusiasm it excites. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe What are the ingredients of a good game? Undoubtedly, graphics and gameplay bear an important role. An aesthetically pleasing...
WOULD YOU FLY TO THE MOON?
15 Nov 2021
Do you sometimes imagine what life in the future will be like? Creating the game lore, often we speculated about people who would go to the Moon. Will they be dreamers and professionals hoping to start a new chapter in human history? Or...
3D BATTERY MODEL CREATION IN TIME-LAPSE
01 Nov 2021
Hello there! We've prepared a short video showing the full cycle of creating a 3D battery model for The Crust. The ten-minute video covers 15 hours of work on the model: from the concept stage to the low-poly object. Enjoy! =)
DEV DIARY №15 - ABOUT THE UTILITY SYSTEM ON THE LUNAR BASE
11 Oct 2021
Must be amazing to live on the Moon and admire the Earth from a distance of 384400 km. But before a human sets foot there, it is necessary to provide all conditions for future Moon inhabitants. Water, oxygen and electricity are the basis of a...
ERASE AND REWIND, OR WHY BREACKING THINGS IN VIDEO GAMES IS AS DIFFICULT AS CREATING THEM
29 Sep 2021
Good afternoon, The Crust welcomes you! Video game development, as many of you already know, is a very extraordinary process, and it often brings surprises when you are not ready to meet them the most. From the player's point of view, what...
DEV DIARY №14 - 50 SHADES OF REGOLITH, OR RESOURCE EXTRACTION AND PROCESSING IN THE CRUST
17 Sep 2021
Resources, their extraction, and processing are an important part of The Crust gameplay as an economic strategy, and the VEOM Studio team has invested a lot of time and effort to make this process challenging and fun. It starts with the...
- FIRST DEMO ON STEAM BASE BUILDER FEST
- DEV DIARY #18 - Mechanics on the Global Map, Updated Interface, and Logistics Innovations
- DEV DIARY №17 - Conveyors,new visuals and optimization - what's new with The Crust?
- Interview for UE4 Daily
- DEV DIARY №16 - MAKING HISTORY: A LITTLE BIT ABOUT OUR QUESTS
- WOULD YOU FLY TO THE MOON?
- 3D BATTERY MODEL CREATION IN TIME-LAPSE
- DEV DIARY №15 - ABOUT THE UTILITY SYSTEM ON THE LUNAR BASE
- ERASE AND REWIND, OR WHY BREACKING THINGS IN VIDEO GAMES IS AS DIFFICULT AS CREATING THEM
- DEV DIARY №14 - 50 SHADES OF REGOLITH, OR RESOURCE EXTRACTION AND PROCESSING IN THE CRUST
- DEV DIARY №13 - GALACTIC MARKET
- 2021: THE CRUST TRANSFORMS
- DEV DIARY №12 - ROOMS AND WALLS
- DEV DIARY №11 - REFACTORING AND NARRATIVE
- DEV DIARY #10 EXCAVATION VISUALIZATION, REFACTORING AND OVERMIND OPTIMIZATION
- DEV DIARY #9 OPTIMIZATION AND PROCEDURAL GENERATION
- PATCH NOTE 0.72.19
- DEV BLOG 8 - WORKING ON THE SETTING, PART TWO
- PreAlpha Gameplay Trailer
- DEV DIARY №7 - CARGO CAPSULES
- PATCH NOTE 0.63.14
- PATCH NOTE 0.6.09
- DEV DIARY №6 - THE COLONISTS, PART ONE
- DEV DIARY №5 - WORKING ON THE SETTING, PART ONE
- DEV DIARY №4 - PREMISE CONSTRUCTION SYSTEM
- DEV DIARY №3 – PRODUCTION
- DEV DIARY №2 – VECHICLES
- DEV DIARY №1 - MOON
- UNREAL ENGINE DEV CONTEST 2020