DEV DIARY №12 - ROOMS AND WALLS
Wall construction system and room definition algorithm.
One of the most complex algorithms of our project is finally ready. It went through many iterations to finally come to the expected result.
The algorithm includes the following elements:
- Designing walls and rooms
A wall-setting mechanism allows a player to set walls and create rooms.
- Filling interior with floor
Mechanics of creating enclosed spaces: each room is tiled separately.
- Setting doors
Allows to install doors on straight sections of the wall to create accessible areas.
- Defining external contours and internal rooms
Allows to determine the tightness of the premises and connect them with the mechanics of the life support system, such as Temperature, Electricity and Life Support.
- Identifying enclosed and accessible spaces
Necessary for setting correct routes for drones and colonists.
Allows to avoid situations in which the AI will be locked up without being able to get out.
- The styles system
Allows you to create selected states for the walls and floor. Each state is a separate wall style with its own conditions and materials.
In the future, this system will allow you to scale the states for additional decor and give you more opportunities in designing rooms.
- Removing walls and rooms
Allows you to remove walls and rooms in the design mode, confirmed walls, creates tasks for removing previously built walls.
- Adapting the wall visual
Renews the visual of the walls based on their position relative to the rooms and the external space.
No posts found
- DEV DIARY №12 - ROOMS AND WALLS
- DEV DIARY №11 - REFACTORING AND NARRATIVE
- DEV DIARY #10 EXCAVATION VISUALIZATION, REFACTORING AND OVERMIND OPTIMIZATION
- DEV DIARY #9 OPTIMIZATION AND PROCEDURAL GENERATION
- PATCH NOTE 0.72.19
- DEV BLOG 8 - WORKING ON THE SETTING, PART TWO
- PreAlpha Gameplay Trailer
- DEV DIARY №7 - CARGO CAPSULES
- PATCH NOTE 0.63.14
- PATCH NOTE 0.6.09
- DEV DIARY №6 - THE COLONISTS, PART ONE
- DEV DIARY №5 - WORKING ON THE SETTING, PART ONE
- DEV DIARY №4 - PREMISE CONSTRUCTION SYSTEM
- DEV DIARY №3 – PRODUCTION
- DEV DIARY №2 – VECHICLES
- DEV DIARY №1 - MOON
- UNREAL ENGINE DEV CONTEST 2020