UNREAL ENGINE DEV CONTEST 2020
Ever heard of crunches? We don't think a crunch is overworking or, putting it differently, working our asses off to achieve extra production in very limited time. For us, a crunch is a special state of consciousness when you're pulling your weight 24/7 although no one makes you do it. You do it because you want to. We've been working in extra mode for the last two weeks because we're getting ready for UNREAL ENGINE DEV CONTEST 2020.
The Crust is a multi-faceted and complex game combining serious strategic gameplay with a well-developed setting and plot. This is what we want to show the jury – the earliest state of the colony development with drone controlling, energy producing, search for basic resources, preparing housing for colonists, opening quests, and interaction with factions. You can play on three levels: on the Moon surface, under the surface, and on the Moon's orbit. The first two levels are interconnected. They are for building and developing the colony. The third level is for a strategic mode. You as a player can see the Moon from orbit and interact with events on a strategic map. You can also look for resources, react to events, etc.
The players will be able to study all this during the introductory quest right after they choose a game faction. We hope that you and the jury will like our ideas!
Follow the progress of the contest here: https://unrealcontest.disgustingmen.com/2020/game/835/
No posts found
- DEV DIARY №16 - MAKING HISTORY: A LITTLE BIT ABOUT OUR QUESTS
- WOULD YOU FLY TO THE MOON?
- 3D BATTERY MODEL CREATION IN TIME-LAPSE
- DEV DIARY №15 - ABOUT THE UTILITY SYSTEM ON THE LUNAR BASE
- ERASE AND REWIND, OR WHY BREACKING THINGS IN VIDEO GAMES IS AS DIFFICULT AS CREATING THEM
- DEV DIARY №14 - 50 SHADES OF REGOLITH, OR RESOURCE EXTRACTION AND PROCESSING IN THE CRUST
- DEV DIARY №13 - GALACTIC MARKET
- 2021: THE CRUST TRANSFORMS
- DEV DIARY №12 - ROOMS AND WALLS
- DEV DIARY №11 - REFACTORING AND NARRATIVE
- DEV DIARY #10 EXCAVATION VISUALIZATION, REFACTORING AND OVERMIND OPTIMIZATION
- DEV DIARY #9 OPTIMIZATION AND PROCEDURAL GENERATION
- PATCH NOTE 0.72.19
- DEV BLOG 8 - WORKING ON THE SETTING, PART TWO
- PreAlpha Gameplay Trailer
- DEV DIARY №7 - CARGO CAPSULES
- PATCH NOTE 0.63.14
- PATCH NOTE 0.6.09
- DEV DIARY №6 - THE COLONISTS, PART ONE
- DEV DIARY №5 - WORKING ON THE SETTING, PART ONE
- DEV DIARY №4 - PREMISE CONSTRUCTION SYSTEM
- DEV DIARY №3 – PRODUCTION
- DEV DIARY №2 – VECHICLES
- DEV DIARY №1 - MOON
- UNREAL ENGINE DEV CONTEST 2020